Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Glory of the Lord is Upon Thee

As I stepped out along our unimproved dirt road on my morning walk with our dog, Tessa, the verse from Handel's Messiah fills my mind, "The Glory of the Lord is Upon Me."  After I pass the one house there is nothing alongside the road but chamisa, sagebrush, a few sprinklings of piƱon and juniper trees and a wide panoramic view of snow capped mountains on all sides.  The only sounds are the crunching of my boots on the gravel and lonesome bird songs, with an occasional cooing of a dove seeking a mate.

Our cabin is a bit more than a mile from the highway.  There are many animal tracks crossing it -- mostly coyote and elk tracks.  The sun is warming the fresh mountain air.  It is a great day to be alive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment